We recommend the ISO 27001 standard.
Counting on a certified security system is an excellent complement to assure your organisation’s maximum cyber security guarantees. RedTeam CyberWarFare offers their consulting and certification services for the ISO/IEC 27001 standard.
ISO/IEC 27001 is a standard for the security of information (Information technology – Security techniques – Information security management systems – Requirements) approved and published as an international standard in October of 2005 for the International Organisation for Standardisation and for the International Electrotechnical Commission.
It specifies the necessary requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and improving an Information Security Management System (ISMS) known as the “Deming Circle or Cycle”: PDCA – an acronym for Plan, Do, Check, Act. It is consistent with the best practices described in ISO/IEC 27002, previously known as ISO/IEC 17799, with origins in the BS 7799-2:2002 standard, developed by the British entity for standardisation, the British Standards Institution (BSI).
Information is one of the main assets of an organisation. The defense of this asset is an essential task to ensure the continuity and development of the business, as well as a legal requirement (the protection of personal property, the protection of personal data, services for the society of information) and, in addition, extends trust to clients and/or users.
The greater the value of the information, the greater the risks are associated with its loss, deterioration, improper handling or malicious tampering.
The Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) are the most effective way of minimising risks, to ensure the identification and value of the assets and their risks, considering the impact on the organisation, and adopting more effective and coherent controls and procedures with a business strategy.
Benefits to the organisation
- It demonstrates an independent guarantee of internal controls and complies with the requirements of corporate management and the continuity of commercial activity.
- It independently demonstrates that the laws and standards are respected and applied.
- It provides a competitive advantage by completing all of the contractual requirements and demonstrating to clients that the security of their information is of paramount importance.
- It independently verifies that the risks of the organisation will be correctly identified, evaluated and managed while formalising processes, procedures and documentation of the protection of information.
- It demonstrates your commitment to security of information to senior staff within your organisation.
- The process of regular evaluations helps to continually monitor performance and improvement.
Organisations which simply adhere to the standards of ISO/IEC 27001 or the guidelines of the professional code ISO/IEC 27001 do not achieve these advantages.